To be the preeminent organization of Urologic Surgeons from diverse racial/ethnic backgrounds and a relevant voice in the urologic community that:
- Increases the number of Black and diverse racial/ethnic students from backgrounds underrepresented in medicine entering the field of urology
- Provides a supportive community that fosters the personal and career development of urologic surgeons, residents/fellows and students from diverse racial/ethnic backgrounds in medicine
- Promotes the highest scholarship in the research and clinical care of Black patients with urologic disease.
- Strives to significantly reduce health disparities in patients with urologic disease.
The RFJUS recognizes its unique position to attract talented individuals from diverse racial/ethnic backgrounds into the field of urology, along with its historic tradition in alignment with the National Medical Association to address the health care needs of the underserved and to improve the overall health of the black population.
- Excellence – We promote the highest level of scholarship at all levels of patient care, scientific research and teaching/education
- Mentorship – We actively mentor our members using evidenced based culturally appropriate mentorship